ENSO Financial Management LLP (ENSO) is a fin-tech company that provides operational insights and alpha-generating analytics to many of the world’s most successful fund managers. We are seeking out talented individuals to join our team as we continue to grow and expand our exciting product range.
The Linux Administrator would be a critical player both supporting and engineering a growing application and server infrastructure. As a member of a small team, the successful candidate would be able to affect change in a very visible way in the firm, working closely with application developers, tech managers and occasionally business analysts to develop new solutions or fix outstanding issues. He/she would be working closely with other team members to build out a new datacenter and perform application migrations. In addition, the candidate would keep a close eye on Linux server support issues and attempt to automate / deep dive to fix persistent issues.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Very strong Linux administrator experience at an enterprise level
* Strong knowledge in at least one scripting language a *must*. Priority given to Perl and Python scripters.
* Strong TCP/IP theory / skills
* NFS, Samba, LDAP and DNS server-level administration a must
* Xen, LVM or other virtualization platform experience
* Self-motivated and independent
* Strong communication skills including documentation
* Ability to be part of on-call rotation for emergencies
* Hands-on Cisco configuration and management, including routing and switching
* Tomcat administration experience; Java memory management and performance (jconsole, etc)
* familiarity nginx or other proxies
* HTTP/server level web expertise
* Oracle Enterprise administration experience
* ZFS and Xen expertise
* Nagios or other monitoring / alerting