Seeking a junior data analytics developer to create/enhance client reports and implement analytics calculations. This is a great opportunity to be part of a growing financial technology start-up while learning about various financial products and businesses.
· Implement and debug report business logic in Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures (summarizing data, implementing calculations, reconciling data … etc.)
· Create and enhance report presentation using BIRT based on requirements
· Identify data problems and work with colleagues in other areas (i.e. sales, technology) to debug and resolve issues (this generally involves reading/writing code in Python/SQL and reconciling data in excel)
· Perform various data analysis using SQL, Python (Pandas, Numpy), and Excel.
· 0-3 years professional software developing experience preferred (in the financial industry a plus)
· Working knowledge of SQL (Oracle PL/SQL a plus)
· Knowledge of or strong desire to learn various financial products (equities, fixed income, swaps, futures, options … etc.)
· Knowledge of BIRT or similar report design program a plus
· Good problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills
· A self-starter and fast-learner with strong communication and computer skills.
· Detail-oriented, resourceful, creative, and desire for achieving excellence in product quality and reliability
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and work in a fast-pace environment without much supervision
· Working knowledge of excel a plus
· Quantitative background or aptitude a plus
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or hard sciences (Masters and PhD a plus)
Computers – Software, Engineering, Analytics
Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcript